Saturday, March 17, 2018

I've Been Thinking by Maria Shriver


I’VE BEEN THINKING by Maria Shriver was listed today as the number one non-fiction hardcover in The Wall Street Journal’s list of best-selling books for the week. This is a very heartfelt work from Maria Shriver in which she examines her feelings about life, fortitude, family, gratitude, and blessings. In exploring life journeys and the choices we all face, Shriver offers ideas like: “I think about how I can turn that negative thought into a positive thought. Or as Maya Angelou says, change the way I think about it.” In other sections, she draws further on more inspirational quotes from an incredibly wide range of people like John Wooden and Rumi. In some places, however, I’VE BEEN THINKING may seem overly religious due to including favorite prayers and an emphasis on Shriver’s own deep faith. There is still much to contemplate and consider, including the often under-appreciated value of failure and making mistakes. As Shriver notes, “I hope the thoughts expressed here will give you material to meditate on – inspiring you to think, write, and reflect on what makes life meaningful to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment