I
found portions of this book to be very insightful; my favorite quote was “That’s
when I figured out the ugly secret of a mother’s love: You protect them, to
protect yourself.” Forman did a great
job of conveying the pressures of motherhood, marriage and full-time employment
although I did have some difficulty believing that Maribeth would disappear so completely from the lives of her young
children, Liv and Oscar. Very tempting, though, and maybe it is meant to be related
somehow to Maribeth’s own situation as an adoptee and her later in life efforts
to find her birth mother? Forman has won
awards for her teen novels and Leave Me will nicely fill an “escapist”
niche with older audiences who will delight in this very quick, fun read. Kirkus aptly called Leave Me “an
appealing fairy tale for the exhausted and underappreciated” and Booklist gave it a starred review.
BOOKS SAVE LIVES!!!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment