I wanted to like this book and looked forward to reading it.
I thought I would be recommending it to
students and I will, only not as enthusiastically as the reviews had led me to
expect. Certainly students who enjoyed
the Hunger Games series or Divergent or the Game of Thrones
will likely want to read this series, too.
The emphasis on color will make for a great movie and there will be
interest. At 382 pages and with much specialized language, it is not for
everyone. I personally found it to have too much emphasis on violence and cruelty
between classes. If you have read and
enjoyed the series mentioned above and are looking for something else to read,
look for Ender’s Game by Card, Wool by Howey or The Martian
by Weir. In addition, try Red Rising by Pierce Brown and let me know
what you think.
BOOKS SAVE LIVES!!!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment