While this post isn't about a book in particular, it's about books....
In one morning, on two different occasions and to two different students, I explained the Dewey Decimal System, and with one student I went into further explanation of Cutter numbers. (I never thought I'd ever talk about Cutter numbers to students!) Both students appreciated the "lesson," and I do hope it made sense to them. They said they understood, and I can only hope it really did make sense to them, and that they will retain the information for future visits to any library, especially when it may be for a academic project that's not so fun.
Whole numbers, decimals and the alphabet. Maybe it should be incorporated into lessons on learning decimal points. Teachers can hit two learning objectives within the same lessons, and students will learn math and a very practical application!
No comments:
Post a Comment